Design Requirements in India
The Details of the Applicant
The Details of the Design
- Legal status and country of incorporation (if the applicant is a company)
- Title of Article;
- Statement of Novelty;
- Class & Sub Class of the article embodying the design
- Representations illustrating the views of the article wherein the originality resides.
The representations can be in the form of photographs or drawing figures [the Designs Office
prefers photographs] showing the front, back, top, bottom, side, another side and perspective
views of the article (7 copies of each view);
- The size of each representation must not be less than 5 by 4 inches or
13 by 10 centimeters wide.
Priority can be claimed if the basic application is filed within 6 months from
the date of filing of the basic application in India. We require the followings
details to claim the priority:
Power of Attorney
- Priority Country
- Priority Application Number
- Priority Date
- Certified Priority Document. [If the Certified Priority Document is in other
language then Verified English translation must be required].
A Power of Attorney is required to be filed with the application for registration,
if it is being filed through an Attorney; as per the draft attached, which is required
to be notarized by Public Notary.
Please note that Power of Attorney and Priority Documents can be filed later on.