Design Requirements in India
The Details of the Applicant
- Legal status and country of incorporation (if the applicant is a company)
The Details of the Design
- Title of Article;
- Statement of Novelty;
- Class & Sub Class of the article embodying the design
- Representations illustrating the views of the article wherein the originality resides. The representations can be in the form of photographs or drawing figures [the Designs Office prefers photographs] showing the front, back, top, bottom, side, another side and perspective views of the article (7 copies of each view);
- The size of each representation must not be less than 5 by 4 inches or 13 by 10 centimeters wide.
Priority can be claimed if the basic application is filed within 6 months from the date of filing of the basic application in India. We require the followings details to claim the priority:
- Priority Country
- Priority Application Number
- Priority Date
- Certified Priority Document. [If the Certified Priority Document is in other language then Verified English translation must be required].
Power of Attorney
A Power of Attorney is required to be filed with the application for registration, if it is being filed through an Attorney; as per the draft attached, which is required to be notarized by Public Notary.
Please note that Power of Attorney and Priority Documents can be filed later on.
We Connect To Collaborate
We believe in participating in national and international events that helps us enhance our knowledge base and connect with people from diverse backgrounds. At Parker & Parker Co. LLP, we have expanded our network in each field of intellectual property law to give our clients the best that they deserve.Connect Now