Now, Service Marks are available in India.
The Trade Marks Act, 1999 has come into force from the 15th of September 2003. An important feature of the Act is the introduction of the Registration of Service Marks in India. Previously [As per Trade & Merchandise Marks Act, 1958], Services could not be registered in India. Protection of service marks was available only under the common Law. From 15, September 2003, it has now become possible to register the Service under the Trade Marks Act, 1999, separately.
What is Service Mark?
Service Marks are marks used in any form of service business where actual goods under that mark are not traded. Services are identifying the source of Service provided by Company/Firm/Individuals. Services are offered and purchased. These marks will now be statutorily protected under The Trade Marks Act, 1999.
Following Services are now protected as a SERVICE MARK in INDIA under The Trademarks Act, 1999.
- Insurance; financial affairs; monetary affairs; real estate affairs
- Building construction; repair; installation services
- Transport; packaging & storage of goods; travel arrangement
- Treatment of materials
- Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting & cultural activities
- Scientific & technological services, research & design; industrial analysis & research services; design & development of computer hardware & software; legal services. Services for providing food & drink; temporary accommodation. Medical services; veterinary services; hygienic and beauty care for human beings or animals; agriculture, horticulture and forestry services. Personal and social services rendered by others to meet the needs of individuals; security services for the protection of property and individuals.
PARKER & PARKER CO. LLP; providing the professional service for Registration of Service Mark for Individuals/Firms and Companies at the earliest possible opportunity. Marks include the firm or corporate name of the individual or company or firm providing the service. Once a mark is registered, you can prevent other persons from using the same mark for similar Services.
Please contact us for more information and for protecting your service marks.
Our Areas of Expertise
We Connect To Collaborate
We believe in participating in national and international events that helps us enhance our knowledge base and connect with people from diverse backgrounds. At Parker & Parker Co. LLP, we have expanded our network in each field of intellectual property law to give our clients the best that they deserve.Connect Now